Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ze Germans, Utrecht chillin, Euro-recap and the end

As I'm sitting here watching the Portugal Spain world cup match I have finally brought myself to post what might be the last post on this blog, but you never know I could use it as a psuedo-travel journal in the future...

I have a little updating to do for my final adventures in Europe, my last two weeks were some of the best times I had during my 5 months abroad so here is a small bit about that.

Real quick, after my Mom and Jessie left, I spent a few days in Rome catchin up with the roomies, needless to say we destroyed Rome and the Spanish Steps with our expertly honed tourist skills.



Regensburg/Munich

After running into Jolynn, my teaching partner,

on my train to Munich I spent a few days in Regensburg visiting Jack "the effing man" Gibbs.
I took a day trip to Munich and meandered around the city but the highlight of the trip was the Regensburg May beerfest type festival called Dult, the beers only come in the 1 liter variety, which for the Germans seems to be perfect...


After being heckled by some intimidating Czech police officers on the train to Germany, it was nice returning to Prague without incident and from there I met back up with Max and we headed to Utrecht, Netherlands to chill in his hometown for a good 10 days, here are a few picture highlights from trip.


Kevin, Jaris, and Jim


Chillin on the lake


Max and Anouk


In front of Heineken Brewery


And inside the Heineken Experience


And of course, riding some bikes around all day everyday

So after all this, here is a quick recap on the places that I visited in sort-of order (I think):

Vienna, Austria


Krakow, Poland + Auschwitz



Rome, Italy


Corfu, Greece


Budapest, Hungary


Dresden, Germany


I also spent time in a few other places that I might or might not have mentioned, namely Bratislava, Slovakia, Amsterdam/Utrecht, Netherlands, Munich/Regensburg, Germany, but my favorite of course is the Golden City of a hundred spires, Prague or Praha as we would say. This shot is from my favorite spot in Vysehrad, overlooking the Vlatava river and Prague Castle.



I couldn't have asked for anything better during my time abroad, I saw some amazing places that I had no idea would be so awesome, I learned more history and experienced more culture in a semester than I probably knew in my previous twenty years on this planet, and I met some of the coolest people who I will never forget, you know exactly who you are, and you freakin rule.



Now that I have seen some amazing places on this planet, who knows where I will end of next, all I know is it is sure to be amazing and somehow I will end up back in Prague someday. Thanks for checking out my adventures abroad, maybe you were bored at work or just making sure that I was still alive, I hope that it wasn't too boring and I really hope it inspires you to travel, while the mind is pretty important, the world is also a horrible thing to waste.

Na Zdravi! Cheers, and to Your Health!

Na Shledanou, Adios, and Goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. Nice cap-off on the trip! Probably took some doing deciding which of your many, many pics to use.

    Any plans for a separate blog after this? I'd suggest doing one just called "I'm so over it," but wouldn't really know what it would be about. Just sounds like a good name for a blog ;D

    ReplyDelete