Sunday, April 18, 2010

Apology for the lack of updates, but Mother Nature Reigns

Well hello,

I know most of you have stopped checking the blog fearing that I have

A. I got stranded in Greece, and became a bum on the Corfu beach

B. I became so cultured and European, I don't have time for this American sort of thing.



C. I am simply too lazy and tired to post anymore



D. You were completely understanding of the fact that I have been traveling non-stop and hosting my mom and sister who are going to be extending their visit a couple of days.



If you guessed 'D' you are right!
So here's a quick rundown of places I have been the past few weeks (see my custom map), and I will post a real one for each once I get settled in and have some free time on my hands:

Last week of March-
Krakow, Poland: Auschwitz/Birkenau, a cool city center, Wawel Castle (pronounced Vavel), and the old Salt Mines
First week of April-
Flight to Rome, visited some of the sights (I am returning in 2 weeks so I will have much more time to visit/update), Bus to Ancona, Cruise to Greece, Ferry to the Island of Corfu, a few days at the Pink Palace, beach etc. flew home Monday night and arrived at 2:30am
Tuesday (the next evening) straight from class to the airport to pick up my mom Luanne, the next day we headed to Budapest, Hungary.
Return to Prague Saturday, got in at 5 and picked Jessie up at the airport at 5:45
I had a Sunday field trip to Jáchymov, home of a Soviet political prisoner work camp specializing in work at the Uranium mines, fun. Since then we have traveled to Karlštejn Castle and Dresden, Germany.
Unfortunately my mom and sister are now "TRAPPED IN EUROPE!" due to the unprecedented delays for all Airlines in Northwestern and down into central/west Europe caused by the eruption of Iceland's Eyjafjallajökull Volcano (check that link, a ton of cool pictures).


They may return around Friday(ish), but while I am busy showing them around and hanging out, I haven't had much time for blogposts.

I hope you will all understand, it is a very, very hard life for me and my blog...

Anyways I hope this will help you last until my next real post, which will hopefully be soon, and of course I will have a ton more pictures etc. You can check the wikipedia links if you are bored at work...

As always, Na Shledanou!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jake, you just missed a CRAZY Avalanche game. We won it in overtime, 1-0, after getting out-shot 51-16 or so and having to kill 6+ powerplays. Ridiculous.

    Those are some pretty cool pics of the volcano. It really doesn't seem to be getting a ton of coverage here, which is kinda weird considering how much it's screwing things up for travelers.

    Excited to see more elaboration in your next posts, you did a TON of crap in the past few weeks. Hope your mom eventually escapes from Europe, or I'm going to become the permanent care-taker of your house. Don't know how long those Totino's pizzas are going to last D:

    Anyways, good to see more news from you, keep it real over there!

    ReplyDelete